Some of us may face the problems that the windows is getting updated while we are doing urgent jobs. Or the windows is getting updated while we prepare to go back home at the time when the office is closed and the power is going to be shut down. To stop that kind of problem, we should disable auto update in windows.
To disable auto update in windows by command line
1. Run command prompt as administrator
2. Type net stop wuauserv in the command prompt and press enter
3. Type net stop bits and press enter
4. Type net stop dosvc and press enter
To disable auto update in windows by Task Manager
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del together. Task manager box will be appeared.
2. Click service tab and then click open service again at the below left corner of the Windows.
3. Double click windows update and properties box will be appeared.
4. Choose Disabled / Manual in the start type and click apply and ok.
5. Do the same as the steps 3 and 4 in both of Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Delivery Optimization.